Can I Have This Done If I'm Pregnant or Breastfeeding?
There are many reasons why pregnant women should not get tattooed.
- When you're pregnant, your blood volume raises an average of 25% (which means more bleeding)!
- Your immune system is lowered, which means it can take FOREVER to heal.
- Higher chances of passing out.
- If you do get an infection, you risk passing it to the baby.
- Your hormones can cause hyperpigmentation, among other skin conditions.
- Your skin may become more sensitive, which means avoidable excess pain.
- If during a tattoo you experience excessive pain or stress and your body goes into shock, you risk going into early labor or even a spontaneous miscarriage.